Thursday, August 15, 2013

I Love to See the Temple


The Provo Temple is not my favorite temple in outside appearance. Brent actually compares it to a birthday cupcake with a candle on top, which in my opinion, isn't that far off :). But the spirit here is no different. Just walking around the grounds, the same sweet and celestial spirit common to all temples is felt just as strongly.

This is where Brent and I spent 4 hours of our evening this past Tuesday. Yes, 4 hours. We arrived at 6:50 PM hoping to attend the 7:20 PM session and walked out of there at 11:00 PM.

Even though it was a long wait, we were happy to be there. It was the first evening the temple had opened after a scheduled 2-3 week maintenance closure. After some of our experiences at BYS, we had both made the decision to follow the example of some of the incredible youth in the Boise Area and make the temple a priority by attending frequently and regularly. So, Tuesday was our first chance to get there and we were excited to follow through on our goal! (Not to mention, we had heard through the grapevine that there was a new video and we couldn't wait to see it.)

It took about 35-40 minutes to get into the chapel because there was such a high volume of people. We sat in the chapel for about an hour. A member of the temple presidency spoke to us while we were waiting and informed us that the Provo Temple had not seen numbers quite like this in a very long time but that they were committed to serving us and stay as long as needed to ensure that we all could make it to a session. He estimated that the temple had about 1000 patrons since 4 PM that day!! 

I learned a lot while at the temple and even though I was there quite a bit longer than I expected to be, I am so grateful that we got to go--the new video was well worth the wait! It was a great start to the goals Brent and I have set for ourselves and I am excited to keep going back and to keep learning. I love the temple! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment